Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 41

A picture of my pet:


I don't know what to do for this one; I've never had a pet.  It's not just that I grew up virulently allergic to every animal with the slightest cuddle factor - it's that my father was and is even more so. I grew up predictably afraid of cats and dogs. Families always had to put the pet out when I came over to play, and sometimes that didn't help.  My sister got turtles when I was twelve or so - no dander - I got salmonella poisoning.

I love cats and dogs now, although I exhibit a decided dog preference.  (I assume this has something to do with growing up in a house where affection was conditional upon performance, and cold even when we were thus rewarded.)

My allergies have subsided over time - and are still awful - Dad's have worsened.  Maybe when I move out; I have a feeling my eventual home will feel much more complete with a canine roommate.

Still, I feel like there needs to be a picture of something, so here's one of T-Bear:

yes, dammit, it's a teddy bear named T-Bear.  It was better than my series of bears named after movie theaters.

He might not be a pet, but he's the possession I've had the longest, and there were times in my childhood I swear the bear could talk with a look - "You're pathetic," he often said.  I know, T-Bear.  I know.

1 comment:

  1. T-Bear, meet Teddy. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2004324467942&set=a.1133307093052.2022717.1238532192&theater

    ReplyDelete