Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 38

A picture of the best part of my day:

I'm the not-a-morning-person guy, taken to the ultimate extent.  This is probably because of my sleep schedule, which is so incredibly crappy as to invalidate the name on most occasions - and on other occasions, cannot be said to exist even in that sad state.  When I do sleep, sometimes it feels like I don't rest, which makes facing the day ahead challenging.

I do it anyway. Usually, I do it without the massive dose of caffeine I'm always tempted to consume; on work days that require me to be up before seven, temptation wins.

In either case, when I see the day winding down ahead of me, I start revving up to get there, excited to get some rest - this has the predictable, self-defeating effect on my ability to rest, but what can I do?  This dynamic is the main reason I haven't made it out for many of those after-meeting dinners; the meeting lets out at 9pm, and I'm already envisioning life under the covers, eyes closed, drifting off into whatever sleepless daydream I concoct for myself.  (When you dream while you're awake, it's all about wish fulfillment - meaning, lightsabers are often involved.)  I love my recovering friends, but you know the rule - the rarer a commodity is, the more greatly we value it.

No comments:

Post a Comment