Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day Nineteen

A picture of me when I was little:
"I wish I was a little bit taller..."
When I think of going back to the beginning, starting the whole thing over, I think of stepping back into this picture and becoming this boy again.  I don't know what all I would have done differently, as I went through the process of re-living, but I would have started by cherishing the good times more, and wallowing less in the pain and the anger.  Maybe that alone would have changed the makeup of my entire world, by age twelve.

I would also have skipped playing Spider-Man on the stone steps in my childhood home, because you can see the results in this bonus picture!  Me in my first of two (so far) body casts.  The old house had these steps that protruded about three inches past the banister.  I climbed the steps using the outside 3", going hand-over-hand up the banister.  At the top of the stairs, I'd climb over the rail and be home free.  I don't know how many times I'd gotten busted doing this - the top of the banister was right across from the master bedroom, and I remember this was a spanking offense.  Not enough to stop me.  Even what you see below, the result of losing my balance in the wrong direction at the top of the banister, didn't stop me.  I had to do it one more time, to prove that a broken femur hadn't taught scared me.
Badass in a body cast.

3 comments:

  1. Namaste, very nice blog posts. I will enjoy following your thoughts. I would like to invite you to follow my blog site so that we may enjoy your unique perspectives.

    In Lak' ech, beyond borders of fear there is love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first pic is adorable. To the point where it's sorta offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - wait, how does that even work?

    ReplyDelete